The NLSBLR Journal accepts and reviews submissions on a rolling basis. Submissions must fall within the mandate of the journal, which can be found here. We attempt to review and process articles within 8-10 weeks of submission. Please follow up with us, if you have not heard from us within 8-10 weeks.
Categories: NLSBLR accepts submissions under the following categories:
- Articles (6,000 – 10,000 words) are comprehensive publications that analyse important themes, and may adopt comparative perspectives.
- Essays (4,000 – 6,000 words) typically identify a specific issue, which may be of contemporary relevance, and present a central argument.
- Case Notes, Legislative Comments, Book/Article Reviews (1,500 – 3,000 words).
Note: These word limits are merely indicative.
- Please fill the form available here to submit the manuscript.
- All submissions must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), with Times New Roman font (Main text: size 12 and double spaced, footnotes: size 10 and single-spaced).
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by a covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript, and contact information.
- An abstract of not more than 250 words shall have to be provided.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgments should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the cover letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The NLSBLR uses only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a method of citation. Submissions must conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities. Please note that SCC citations for cases must be preferred wherever available.
- Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties. All submissions would be checked for plagiarism.
- Submissions made to NLSBLR shall be on an exclusive basis and must not be concurrently under consideration by any other publication.In the event of any queries, please contact Aditi Sheth, Editor-in-Chief or Anshita Agrawal, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org